Hand Picked Hotels, a collection of 17 country house hotels which are all stunning rural wedding venues, has launched a twitter competition offering women with the most imaginative proposal in 140 characters the chance to win an overnight stay with their partner at one of the hotels.
The long-held tradition that women can propose to their boyfriends on 29 February each Leap Year dates back to the fifth century – and this year, women across the country simply need to tweet Hand Picked Hotels, @hp_hotels, and describe how they would propose to their partner at one of the hotels to win the perfect opportunity to make the proposal a reality. The most creative response will win an overnight stay in a signature ‘Leap Year’ suite, on 29 February 2012 at one of the 17 hotels in the collection, seven of which have spas.
Hand Picked Hotels (@hp_hotels) welcomes entries from women across the country from today (28 December) until 1 February 2012 when the competition will close. Hand Picked Hotels’ board members and wedding consultants will judge the entries and a winner will be announced on twitter on Monday 27 February 2012.
With stylish interiors, stunning architectural features, an excellent choice of facilities including ballrooms, marquees and gardens as well as wedding consultants, fine dining and partnerships with key wedding companies, Hand Picked Hotels were made for weddings. Plus, Hand Picked Hotels are licensed to conduct civil ceremonies, couples have a wide choice of venues and styles to find the perfect wedding venue in the UK
For more information on weddings at Hand Picked Hotels, visit www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/weddings.
Competition terms and conditions:
• Only entries that use the correct hash tag (#HPHproposal) will be considered
• All proposal ideas must take place at one of the 17 Hand Picked Hotels
• Entrants must be over 18 to win
• The prize is one overnight stay for two with dinner, a bottle of house nominated wine and breakfast included.
• The overnight stay must be taken on the 29 February 2012.
• Winners are asked to choose three hotels, in order of preference, for the overnight stay prize. Leap Year suites are subject to availability.
Original Article: FtnNews