- Be yourself. No pretensions. No gilding the lily. Tell it like it is.
- Help other tweeters. If you see something good and useful, retweet it.
- Recognise other people’s expertise and learn from them.
- Don’t neglect old friends and customers. This leads to earlier rebookings.
- Encourage people to talk about you to their friends. This snowballs like a chain letter.
- Engage. Engage. Engage. Really get to know people. Form a community.
- Contact people before setting up face-to-face meetings. That way you will save time when you finally do meet up.
23 Sep 2011
Hotel owner's Twitter success
A hotel and restaurant owner says the way he does business has been transformed thanks to Twitter.